- Valve bodies through 100,000 psi are high tensile Type 316 stainless steel, 150,000 psi valve bodies are 17-4 PH stainless steel.
- Stem assemblies have non-rotating tips to prevent galling with valve seats.
- Packing is located below the stem threads to prevent contact with media (liquid or gas).
- Packing glands are equipped with locking devices or lock nuts.
- Six valve patterns (see chart on page 7).
- Tubing connections are: 1/16", 1/8", 1/4", 3/8", 9/16", 3/4", 1" and 11/2". Pipe connections include: 1/8", 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 3/4", and 1" NPT.
- Remote control air operators are available for most valves.
Slotted Stem: Non-rotating slotted stems are standard on AF4, AF6, LF4, LF6, LF9, HF6, HF4, and HF9 (30,000 psi) HF2, HF4, HF6, HF9 (60,000 psi) for on-off service and ensure long life on valve seats. Regulating tip stems are available for all valves at no additional cost, add -REG to part number.
Rolled Style Stem: This simple two-piece design is also non-rotating and is ideal for smaller valves and for valves made from exotic materials. The standard lower section stem is manufactured from hardened 17-4 PH stainless steel. It is affixed to a one-piece upper stem requiring no periodic adjustment. The two stem components are free to rotate independently of each other, thereby minimizing rotation of the lower stem against the valve seat.
The Rolled Style Stem is standard for all AF1, AF2, NFA, NFB, LF4, LF6 valves, 30,000 psi HF2, XF4, and XF6 valves, as well as most valves requiring stems made from exotic materials. It is optional for any valve normally supplied with a Positive Guide Stem.
Pinned Stem Design: This variation on the Rolled Style Stem is a three-piece design in which the lower stem is pinned into a freely-rotating stem guide. It has all of the advantages of the rolled style stem, with the additional benefit of a replaceable lower section stem.
The Pinned Stem Design is standard for all NFC, NFD, NFF, NFH, LF9, LF12, LF16, and HF16 valves.